[Histonet] Sodium per iodate or hydrogen peroxide ?

theresa joseph theresajoseph <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 15:46:17 CDT 2003

Hi!

I have used 2.1% sodium per iodate(w/v) to quench the endogenous peroxide in the hippocampal tissues. However inthe muslce protocol, it has been suggested that I use 0.6% Hydrogen peroxide (v/v). Both sodium periodate and hydrogen peroxide seem to have similar functions. Hence I would like to know the situations where Sodiumperiodate needs to be selected instead of Hydrogen peroxide and vice versa.

Thanks,

Theresa J. Kannanayakal
Ohio State University
Columbus,OH 43210