[Histonet] Static charges while sectioning

George Cole georgecole <@t> ev1.net
Sat Oct 11 14:35:10 CDT 2003

I'm surprised that none of you histotechs have heard of Static Master
polonium emitters---I used them for years to quell sections flying on
static winds, so to speak. The Static Master is harmless. Its emissions
do not penetrate skin.  The gadget comes with a  warning not to swallow
the metal under the grid---I've looked at that grid many times,
wondering just how the heck anyone would go about swallowing those sharp
little metal strips---that's not a dare----stick to goldfish if anyone
of you wishes to swallow something weird!
I have spent thousands of hours keeping static charges under control
with these neat gadget---and I have no overt signs of any kind of
reaction.
I will go back to my old lab to look up the Static Master ordering
address if none of you can find it.
georgecole <@t> ev1.net