[Histonet] SV40 staining

Carrie Kyle-Byrne ckbyrne <@t> exelixis.com
Thu Oct 9 10:06:57 CDT 2003

Hi Lee,
i'd say that the problem you are experiencing is related to the fixation of
the tissue your collaborator has sent you.  my suggestion would be, and you
may have already done this, to play with the length of time spent in the
antigen retrieval.....perhaps going even longer that what you normally use
for the Cos7 cells (they were fixed overnight in 10% NBF).  Pab101 should
work for you just fine reguardless of species ....it's seeing a virus
protein.....not a protein that is species specific.  (for those not
familiar, Cos7 is a line derived from monkey kidney).
Good luck,
Carrie Kyle-Byrne, BHS, HT(ASCP)
Assoc. Research Scientist II
Antibody Technology Lab
Signal Transduction Research

Exelixis, Inc.
170 Harbor Way
P.O. Box 511
South San Francisco
CA 94083-0511 USA

Phone: (1 650) 837-8023
Fax: (1 650) 837-7220
Email: ckbyrne <@t> exelixis.com

FedEx Deliveries and Shipping to:
169 Harbor Way
South San Francisco
CA  94080 USA
contain
disclosure
or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.