[Histonet] why picric acid

Nada Ben Abdallah n.benabdallah <@t> anatom.unizh.ch
Wed Nov 19 05:51:40 CST 2003

Hi again,

sorry for keeping so long to answer your question. In fact the perfusion
protocol that we are using in my lab could be called a
''multi-disciplinary'' one; with the sulfide we can do Timm staining; as
for the picric acid, it helps to make cell membrane more penetrant
therefore it is easier when doing thick sections to use it for the
immunohistochemistry, for antibodies to enter the cells. Here you go; I
hope I'm getting clearer and sorry for the confusion that I caused you.
PS: with this sections picric acid is not necessary.

Best wishes,
nada