[Histonet] Perfusion pump time

Charles W. Scouten, Ph.D. cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
Sun Nov 16 17:20:17 CST 2003

I have responded separately with an attached  7 page discussion of
perfusion, and a link to our Perfusion One product.  Don't use flow
rate, pressure is what the cardiovascular system controls,  use 5%
sucrose prewash, no saline, and switch to fixative when the animal
stops.  Haparin is not needed, all blood can be cleared without it with
sufficient pressure.

If any body else would like to see these materials, I will send them.

Charles W.  Scouten, Ph.D.
myNeuroLab.com
5918 Evergreen Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63134
Ph: 314 522 0300
FAX  314 522 0377
cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com <mailto:cwscouten <@t> myneruolab.com>
www.myneurolab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis, Gareth [mailto:gareth.davis <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 3:29 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Perfusion pump time

Hello Histonetters,

Recently (within the last couple months) I saw someone post perfusion
times for pumps based on the animal being perfused.  I tried to find the
posting on the Histosearch, but unsuccessful.  We are perfusing rats for
the olfactory tissue, but would like ideals on the what others have
done.  Any input would be appreciated, including if heparin is needed in
saline, the correct perfusion pump time, and if recirculation is
necessary.

thanks,

Gareth

Ms. Gareth B. Davis