[Histonet] DBA staining for parietal cells

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:24:26 CST 2003

There is a fabulous book on Lectin staining available through Springer
Verlag, or Bios Scientific publisher.

This book is a tell all on lectins plus has wonderful immunostaining
protocols in general.
Also go to Vectorlabs website and look at their lectin information.  They
tell you how to do a negative control, plus give the sugar that would be
used for that control with each lectin.

One has to be a bit careful when working with lectins as some will bind to
other components, so high concentration of Lectin or long incubation
periods should be avoided.

There is a lectin buffer that some lectins require.  This book has the
buffer recipe.  It is a good investment, if anything, just for the
immunostaining protocol!

Good luck.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)