[Histonet] Amyloid Precursor Protein

Marion Hiles Marion.Hiles <@t> north-bristol.swest.nhs.uk
Tue Nov 11 07:54:06 CST 2003

We use ZYMED BAPP Cat No. 13-0200 at 1:3000 overnight after microwaving in
citrate buffer pH6.

Bob Quilty
Dept of Neuropathology
Frenchay Hospital
Bristol UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana Settembre [mailto:settembr <@t> umdnj.edu]
Sent: 10 November 2003 16:39
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Amyloid Precursor Protein

Has anyone worked up Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) on FFPE human
tissue?
I have NovoCastra's monoclonal antibody.  I have used Alzheimer's
disease brain tissue that works with other antibodies.  I use a very
good Target Retreival solution from DakoCytomation in a steamer for 40
minutes.  I have used it at the recommended dilutions and I have used
them more potent than that too.  Our neuropathologist tells me that it
has been in use regularly for some time now.
HELP!
Dana Settembre
Immunohistochemistry Lab
Unversity Hospital-UMDNJ
Newark, NJ
USA

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please accept our apologies.  Please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents, to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. North Bristol NHS
Trust does not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any
other defects, although due care has been taken to minimise the risk. No
contracts may be concluded on behalf of North Bristol NHS Trust by means of
email communications.
Thank you for your cooperation.