[Histonet] CD 4/CD 8 staining of frozen stomach sections of mice

antje.marcantonio <@t> pharma.novartis.com antje.marcantonio <@t> pharma.novartis.com
Mon Nov 10 03:21:57 CST 2003

Hello Manuelle

may I ask you to check your secondary antibody? How does the control look
like without applying the primary ?
We use both for CD4 and for CD8a on mouse frozens antibodies( host rat)
from Pharmigen.  As secondary I use a rabbit anti-rat biotinylated one, mouse adsorbed from Vector.
For the blocking of endogenous peroxidase don't use methanol (!) , it
weakens the signal in most cases. For the unspecific binding block we use
10% normal rabbit serum (-> secondary host species).
I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Antje Marcantonio
Novartis Pharma AG