[Histonet] Genetics anyone?

Cheryl Crowder ccrowder <@t> mail.vetmed.lsu.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:47:29 CST 2003

Good morning - This questions was put to me yesterday and, knowing
little about genetics, I'm stumped.  Can any of you help me.  This
researcher is collecting samples which he says are either diploid,
triploid or tetraploid.  He states that someone told him there is a
stain techniques that "would distinguish the 'ploidy' by the intensity
of the stained tissue".

Have any of you heard of such a thing or know someone I can contact for
this "unusual" question?  Thank you, in advance.  Cheryl

Cheryl Crowder, BA, HTL(ASCP)
Chief Technologist
Anatomic Pathology
Department of Pathobiological Sciences