[Histonet] optimal fixative for cytology smear?

ulso whatisdog <@t> ksvcp.com
Tue Dec 23 23:47:02 CST 2003

Hi, histolanders!
I am looking for adequate fixative appliable to cytology smear. In fact, I
have tried acetone 100% 5 min so far, but repeatedly, I have found this
fixative have poorly preserved the nuclear morphology, and somewhat dirty
backgroud from celluar debris from fixation process.

My topic is usually, CD antibodies such as CD3, 79a, 45RA, 1, 4, and 8 on
canine lymph node or blood cells.

Anyone out there recommend me any fixatives or tips on it? Literature based
information would also be appreciated.

Thank you and happy hollidays!

Ul Soo Choi.
DMV. graduate student
Dept of clinical patholoy, CVM, Seoul Nat'l Univ.
Seoul, Korea.