[Histonet] Superfrost plus slides

Bill Sinai bills <@t> icpmr.wsahs.nsw.gov.au
Tue Dec 23 14:50:26 CST 2003

Merry Christmas to all from down under in Australia.

We to have had problems but only with limited numbers of slides.  We were
told that there was "a" batch of Superfrost Slides which were suspect.  I
found out that nearly all Superfrost Slides are manufactured in one or two
factories in Germany and packaged for the local distributors.  The company
claimed they knew nothing about problems with any of their slides, however
there were two batches which gave problems one was # 3421272 and I believe
the other also ended in 72.

This happened about 3-4 months ago now and I have noticed that all the
batches have expiry dates on them.

>From correspondence on Histonet it appears that the problem or something
like it has been going on for several months.

But as is usual in Histotechnology everyone tries to solve the problem
in-house without discussing it with anyone else.

This is where I find Histonet invaluable.

Bill Sinai
Laboratory Manager
Tissue Pathology, IMPAR
Westmead NSW 2145