[Histonet] Negative response from the Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology

George Cole georgecole <@t> ev1.net
Fri Dec 19 12:33:18 CST 2003

Histotechs;
Most of you have noticed my offer of muscle and nerve packets offered AT
NO CHARGE to all interested histotechs. It has been showing up on the
Histonet since July  Well, I was hoping to add similar offers to
neuropathologists by way of the Journal of Neuropathology and
Experimental Neurology.  I got a most negative response from the Editor
in Chief of that journal,  Michael Noel Hart, who, apparently without
reading the letter I sent or the packet material, said "I think you just
want free advertisement for your product"  I hit the ceiling and wrote a
reply from there, but I haven't come in for a landing yet.  Histotechs,
you have given a warm reception  to those packets---I've sent you 87
packets so far to 33 states and 14 countries outside the US at NO
CHARGE.  It seemed logical to include neuropathologists in the offer,
because decisions were made in my lab by my very great boss, Dr. Anthony
D'Agostino, neuropathologist, and I assumed things were much the same in
all your labs.  The packet was, again, offered AT NO CHARGE to the good
doctors. May I assume that the neuropathologists in your lab have heard
about the better methods.  If it would do any good, I would be happy to
send you histotechs copies, as needed, for the neuropathologists
involved in your muscle and nerve procedures.  They will surely be
involved in any decisions about USING the methods contained in the
packets. And folks, NOT using the methods can only lead to spurious No
Pathological Diagnoses in some percentage of your muscle and nerve
cases.  This is not a matter of taste---it's a matter of
necessity----searching, thoroughly, those tissues sent for
histochemistry, which is NOT done by the "pip-of-muscle-on-a-cork"
method in almost universal use. I know folks take some getting used to
free offers---it seems almost weird, I guess to  Dr. Hart---no pumping
folks for their cash---so he just jumped at conclusions and landed on
me.
Well, I became addicted to the greater effort to search those
tissues----I actually spent 2.5 years worth of unpaid overtime at Good
Sam Hospital here, and left behind 39 weeks of unused vacation time in
developing and doing those procedures contained in the packets. I hardly
believe I actually did that----but I did----I was thinking of getting
fitted for a plastic electric halo at the time, but my head started
swelling every time I was fitted, so I just winged it,  bare headed.
You know my computer's correction function keeps changing histonet to
hemstitch----well whenever I started writing anyone about my goody goody
doings, that corrector kept changing the phrase "noble efforts"  to the
"dojngs of a jerk!!".  Is there anybody out there who knows how to turn
the Truth off on this danged HP keyboard?
Anyway, if there is one or more neuropathologists involved in deciding
what methods to use in your muscle and nerve lab, I will be very happy
to send any packets needed for them to see.
Incidently, a product of my green, green computer skills----when I made
the first video DVD, I figured, as it would hold 80  minutes of sound,
it might hold 40 minutes of sight AND sound>  A sure enough., there was
just a little clear band at the center of the CD, showing, I thought,
that what I put on it just barely fit. So there I went sending all of
you three DVD's to contain the video material.  Well, somehow, I fouled
up, recently, making a set of DVD';s to send and the whole video landed
on ONE CD!  I looked at it, and the circle in the center of the CD was
about 2/3's if the way to the edge.  The circle I had seen in the center
of the CD was the RECORDED area. Now that just leaves leventy seven
billion things I don't know about computers!  So, if any of you have
tromped upon any of the CD's I sent you with your spiky boots, I will
send you one CD with the whole shebang on one CD.  I know that pure
thought transfer may be coming up, replacing keyboards and common
computers ---but I don't really think I'll get one----I don't want
anybody reading that stuff!!      .
georgecole <@t> ev1,net
computer?