[Histonet] Joey Wilkie (no subject)

Caroline Stott caroline.stott <@t> anatomy.otago.ac.nz
Sun Dec 14 14:52:12 CST 2003

Have you been filtering the haematoxylin before use?  Also, what
haematoxylin are you using?  We use Harris haematoxylin and differentiate
the slides in 0.5% acid/alcohol (conc HCL in 70% alc) for 10
seconds.  These steps should eliminate any precipitate.
Caroline

At 09:30 13/12/03 +1300, you wrote:

>We are habing problems with brown precipitant on our slides after we have
>stained with H&E on our automated stainer.  We do have a Tissue-Tek
>coverslipper.  The pathologists say the the H&E staining is good.  We
>called Sukura and they said that maybe our slides were not getting
>completely dehydrated. We have tried uping the times on our stainer, we
>are changing the alcohols almost after each rack and we are still getting
>brown precipitant.  Our pathologist are saying that as they screen the
>slides that they can see the brown precipitant forming.  When we coverslip
>by hand we are not getting the brown precipitant.  We can use any and all
>suggestions that we can get
>
>Thanks, Joey Wilkie, HT
>St. Mary's Hospital
>Grand Junction, Colorado
>This electronic message and all contents contain information from St.
>Mary's Hospital  which may be attorney-client privileged, confidential or
>otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is intended to be
>for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
>copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
>prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please
>notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all
>copies.  Thank you."

Caroline Stott

Histology Service Unit
Medical School