[Histonet] Rotring ink for marking arteries and veins

louise renton louise_renton <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 05:05:43 CST 2003

Rotring ink was extensively used for  fine line drawing and by
draughtsmen(women) before the advent of CAD/CAM systems. It is probably
based on an indian ink formula*, but has some other sticky  vehicle in it
in it that would clog up the fine pens used if they were not cleaned
properly. I used to use  my sister's one for tracing drawings, and woe
betide me if I gummed up the pens!
*indian ink, originally a mixture of carbon black and shellac, is, if
translated from the French, Chinese
ink. They were probably the first to use it.

Louise Renton
Bone Research Unit
MRC
Johannesburg
South Africa
Tel & fax +27 11 717 2298
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"