[Histonet] archival fat storage

Philip Oshel peoshel <@t> wisc.edu
Thu Dec 11 12:39:25 CST 2003

Micro Mavens,

I have a person who has stained macrophages with Oil Red O for fat,
and now needs to make slides of them to be archived.
The cells are on plastic coverslips, and will be fixed with formalin.
Cultured cells, so no sectioning, etc. I have the usual references
for aqueous mounting media, but I'm wondering about the archival bit.
I have no problem, unfortunately, with archival storage of my
personal fat, but making aqueous fat mounts on slides that are
archival is a different matter. What is the best way to do this? (For
room temperature storage.)
Thanks.

Phil
--