[Histonet] blue d'alcian or whole PAS after ISH

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Thu Dec 11 10:02:28 CST 2003

An alcian blue solution should not damage your
developed and fixed autoradiographic emulsion.
The periodic acid step of PAS might dissolve
the silver grains. When I did autoradiography
(labelled proteins or DNA) I stained the sections
before coating them with the emulsion. In your
tissues that's probably not appropriate because
it might extract the mRNA that you're interested
in.
--
John A. Kiernan