[Histonet] Rotring ink for marking arteries and veins

Nick Kirk nick.kirk3 <@t> btopenworld.com
Wed Dec 10 16:27:47 CST 2003

Hi Sarah

Rotring are a company that make all sorts of pens including calligraphy
pens, fountain pens marker pens etc.
They also manufacture all sorts of inks to go with those pens.
Your best bet would probably be a local stationer or arts supply shop.
I have used their India ink in the past for marking excision margins.
It worked quite well.

Nick Kirk
Hinchingbrooke Hospital

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Sarah Jones
Sent: 10 December 2003 21:45
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Rotring ink for marking arteries and veins

Hello Netters,
  I had a researcher come in and ask about Rotring ink.  It was used in
a procedure to inject and mark the arteries and veins with different
colors.  I know Polysciences has the Batson's Anatomical Corrosion Kit.
I spoke to Pam Marcum at Polysciences and she said the Batson's is not
Rotring ink.  She thought Rotring ink may be a tattoo ink.  Does anyone
know what Rotring ink is, where it can be purchased, and how it would be
diluted to inject into the vessels?
Thanks, Sarah

Sarah Jones HT(ASCP)
Dept. of Vet. Anatomy & Public Health
Histology Lab
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4458
phone: 979-845-3177
fax:  979-458-3499

Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list