[Histonet] polymerization problems

Tom Schaer tpschaer <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 10 08:32:05 CST 2003

Dear Histonetters:

I am going to try again, realizing that not many have vast experience with embedding large specimen with technovit 9100 yet.  Maybe someone may be able to share some pointers for a non-profit lab?

Essentially, we fail to successfully polymerize med fem ovine condyles in approx 100ml jars.  Tried at -15C with no change in solution consistency for a week; then brought it up to -2C still no change over three days.  Jars were "vacuumed" and set in refrigerator / freezer.  I am at the of my rope of troubleshooting.

Thanks for any pointers.

Tom
Thomas P. Schaer, VMD
Assist. Prof. BIOMED, Drexel University
Comparative Orthopaedic Research & Tissue Engineering
Department of Clinical Studies
University of Pennsylvania New Bolton Center
382 West Street Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
tel. 610-444-5800 (x6261 office)
tel. 610-444-5800 (x6131 lab)