[Histonet] Steiner and Steiner method/H. pylori

Bartlett, Jeanine jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Dec 10 05:51:46 CST 2003

Lynda:

We do the Steiner and Steiner regularly.  I used to have issues with our
waste disposal group here about the uranyl nitrate until I showed them
the product insert we received from PolyScientific, which is where we
purchase the product.  It listed all the things that were more
radioactive than the uranyl nitrate solution such as a compass and watch
battery.  I would be glad to send you a copy if it would ease your mind.

As far as the procedure goes, when I have time I use the waterbath
method for the silver as I get less precipitate.  I do use the microwave
for the sensitization step.  It's a nice, clean procedure when done
carefully and gently.

Jeanine Bartlett, HT(ASCP)
Centers for Disease Control
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity