[Histonet] Make of Toluidine blue solution

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Dec 9 09:26:51 CST 2003

Hi Lina:

    The borax makes the stain alkaline so it will penetrate the epoxy.
Acetic acid will make the stain acidic, I don't know how well it will
penetrate the epoxy (probably not very well which is why people have
been putting borax in their toluidine blue since 1961 or so). If you
have a protocol that works, why change?

Geoff

--
--