[Histonet] Lack of communication of JNEN

George Cole georgecole <@t> ev1.net
Thu Dec 4 11:09:47 CST 2003

Histotechs,
This is One-Note George here----in July, when I started offering the
packet of videos and pages of muscle and nerve biopsy techniques, I was
full of the subjects of histochemistry on those tissues.  Now, after
about a thousand 2 and 3 and 4 letter processes that I know nothing
about showing up day after day on the histonet----I know BVD's but they
are my own----and all the new procedures---honest to pete---you
histotechs have hoisted yourself up the science ladders to equality with
the Med Techs----at least you can snow me even more often than they can.
When I started.as a histotech  43 years ago, there was a  3 by 7 foot
table strung with tubes and  tubules----doing Med Tech Magic----in the
middle of the lab where they ruled with magic and test tubes. Med Techs
hovered next to the residents in the hierarchy, Vampires, with their
needles  and histotechs with their paraffins and a hat full of stains
huddled busily far down the pecking order. Now there are new machines
still buzzing and honking in the med tech's spaces----but the med techs
now have to come to the histotechs often to ask you to do things they
know nothing about----you must fight the urge to quote that character
from one of  Dicken's great novels---- ''DON'T KNOW YA, DON'T KNOW
YA!!!"  Immunos, antibodies, mysterious initials---GLORIOSITY----you
histotechs have mysteries enough to wield to snow the neuropathologists
themselves!!! It's an honor to call myself one----and a keen observer
will note I always have my fingers crossed and stand ready to run for
it, when any of you start asking How-To questions.
GOOD ON YOU ALL!!!
georgecole <@t> ev1.net