[Histonet] RE: formalin blues / mouse CD31 IHC

Angela McNabola angela.mcnabola.b <@t> bayer.com
Thu Aug 28 09:20:02 CDT 2003

----- Forwarded by Angela McNabola/WESTH/PH/US/BAYER on 08/28/2003 10:19 AM
-----

                      Angela McNabola
                                               To:
                      08/28/2003 06:41         cc:      histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu, histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
                      AM                       Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: formalin blues / mouse CD31 IHC(Document link: Angela
                                               McNabola)

Hi,

We, too, in the past have had our issues with CD31 on FFPE tissue (mouse
xenographs) to be specific.  Thanks to a great technician in Tennessee that I
met at a DAKO training course (don't know if she is out there), shared a
protocol with me which works wonderfully!!!!

 We use the Santa Cruz goat  (NOT the rabbit) polyclonal PECAM-1 Cat # sc-1506.
We do everything on DAKO's immunostainer.

Basically here goes, we target retrieval in Dako TRS for approx 20/20,
avidin-biotin block (Vector, 10 min each) then we use Vector's goat elite kit.
We have found that the anitbody diluted at 1:750 works best for us (The person
that helped me recommended 1:400) and we do a 1 hour incubation at RT (or two 30
minute steps on the stainer.)

If you need anymor specifics, please feel free to contact me directly.

Hope this helps!

Angela McNabola MS, HT(ASCP)SLS
Bayer Helathcare
400 Morgan Lane
West Haven, CT 06516
203-812-5001

                      "PALMER Jason (SVHM)"
                      <Jason.PALMER <@t> svhm.org.au>          To:       <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouth        Subject:  [Histonet] RE: formalin blues / mouse CD31 IHC
                      western.edu

                      08/28/2003 01:21 AM

 Hi all.

 I'm also trying to get an anti mouse CD31 to work on FFPE sections (CBL 1337
 from Cymbus / Chemicon). Has anybody had success of any sort with this antibody
 and type of tissue, and if so, what's your secret? (By the the way, Dako anti
 human CD31 (M 0823) works just fine on human FFPE tissues for me).

 Much obliged!

 Jason Palmer
 Bernard O'Brien Institute of Microsurgery
 Melbourne, Australia