[Histonet] RE: frozen tissue

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Mon Aug 25 01:40:26 CDT 2003

Hi Martha,
How about embedding the tissue in paraffin as usual and perform
Immunogold-silver staining? The accuracy is as good as fluorescence and
you also have the option of "epipolarization microscopy" using an
epipolarization (or IGS block) in your fluorescence scope. The result
certainly competes with immunofluorescence. Please have a look at
www.aurion.nl for info about this rather unknown but very elegant IHC
technique.

Chris van der Loos
Dept. of Cardiovascular Pathology