[Histonet] Meditech users

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Mon Aug 18 12:44:06 CDT 2003

Sheila,

I don't know what version you're working with but we have 4.9 and I may be
wrong but I don't think you can link procedures to a specific tissue
mnemonic.  The only way that I know of is to create a new Medical Term for
those specimens.  At the Term Type prompt, enter TIS (tissue) then on the
second screen, you can enter default procedures.  You would then enter this
as a procedure and it will explode the attached procedures.  I have used it
for bone marrows.  I know it's not quite what you're looking for but
entering one procedure is a little better than entering three.  As for
labels,  we don't use them so I can't help you there.

Tom Mc Nemar HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Licking Memorial Hospital
Newark, Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: Tapper, Sheila [mailto:STapper <@t> slhduluth.com]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 12:50 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Meditech users

Hi -
We are currently implementing the Meditech computer system.  I am interested
in talking with anyone who has experience with building the Histology
portion.  We are experiencing great difficulty in trying to streamline the
entry of specimens with tests attached to the specimens.  For example:  a
liver biopsy with an iron, trichrome and retic stain attached.  We would
like to have the tests attached to the specimen, and be able to print labels
for the slides as well.  Can anyone out there help me find the answer?

Thanks!

Sheila Tapper
St. Luke's Hospital
Duluth, MN