[Histonet] Electronic requisitions

Jacque Sagasser jsagasser at gandhigi.com
Tue Sep 26 13:04:59 CDT 2023

Hello

Does anyone use electronic requisitions? If so, would you mind describing your system for staying compliant with CLIA? Is a paper requisition sent in addition to the electronic requisition? If not, how does that work with accessioning and matching the specimens and patient information?  We currently use a paper system and the requisitions are filed and kept for 10 years. We would like to move to an electronic system, but I am not sure how to implement it, while staying compliant and not complicating the process. We do not have a bar code system set up. I could scan the paper requestions into the patient file, but that would be more work than just continuing to file them. I am also running out of room to file the requisitions though, so I am trying to explore my options. Thank you in advance for your input.

​Jacque R. Sagasser, HT (ASCP)cm
Gandhi GI Pathology, LLC
999 Brubaker Drive
Suite 1