[Histonet] Not DAB IHC waste

Joe Myers jmyers1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 15:33:09 CST 2019

Mehndi:
I’ve used products like the ones referring to in many labs, over many years, and although it’s difficult to find explicit references stating that Fast Red (and Fast Blue)-type chromogens are truly hazardous/carcinogenic, like DAB, these are all very complex chemicals that we, as responsible scientists and citizens, should probably refrain from putting into the public sewer system/water supply.  I would, therefore, recommend that your lab treat such waste-reagents as hazardous and dispose of them accordingly.
Respectfully,
Joe Myers, M.S., CT(ASCP)QIHC

Message: 6