[Histonet] Pregnancy guide

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Sep 6 12:52:36 CDT 2018

Remember that contamination can also be by skin absorption.  With that in mind, we provide thick Nitrile gloves with instruction to change them at least every 30 minutes, or less if they show any signs of deterioration.  We have great ventilation and beyond that, when we wear our fume badges, we perform the worst exposure tasks, so when calculated, the exposure shows what it would be like if we did that task for 8 hours a day - and we STILL are way under the limit. The result: No restrictions of duties - 5 babies born to employees here without a single problem in 12 years.
However, with that said, I would never ask a pregnant technician to hand coverslip more than the occasional slide.
Just my 2cents - T

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
Care, Comfort, and Heal

 2. Pregnancy guide for working in histology (Carol Torrence)
Message: 2