[Histonet] Pregnancy guide for working in histology

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 12:21:00 CDT 2018

Both formalin and xylene (and any other dangerous fumes) have to be avoided during pregnancy BUT if you have an efficient fumes hood to do grossing, then you should monitor exposure. Somebody NOT pregnant should gross with a personal formalin badge and, depending on the exposure result, then you may allow the pregnant employee to do grossing or not.René