[Histonet] Unstained slides

Hobbs, Carl carl.hobbs at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 13:54:23 CDT 2018

I agree: cut only the sections needed.
Saves space.
Sure, you lose several sections of tissue when cutting more sections.
That is acceptable because, if this "oxidation" theory is true, then the initial sections will be no good.
However, careful organisation of exptl procedure before actual cutting will work very well.

Actually, not many Ags get "oxidised"....for eg: I can demonstrate GFAP in sections that are a year old ( sure, they are stored at 4C just in case)
These slides are used for Yr 1 BSc practicals and are consistently positive.
Nobody knows why some Ags ( and not others) lose their antigenicity, imho
Oxidation is a vague reasoning.
Just like nobody really knows why HIER works: however, I am in the dipole moment school of thought, rather than the Ca++ skool
Sure, in Formalin-fixed specimens.

Curious-illy

Carl

Carl Hobbs FIBMS