[Histonet] Color in Sections with Adipose Tissue?

jerry sedgewick jerrysedgewick <@t> gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:52:30 CDT 2014

I've observed images on a computer screen with a person next to me
insisting that the adipose tissue in H&E stained tissue has a color
versus areas with no tissue (open areas).  Am I missing something, or do
others see either a slight discoloration in adipose tissue, or a
slightly different color, versus areas without tissue?  I suspect it
depends on section thickness, but given a 5 - 8 micron section it seems
that whatever tissue might have been present would be scraped away with
the blade.

Jerry Sedgewick