[Histonet] tissue processor regulations

Ronda Mire rmire <@t> cvpath.org
Thu May 1 11:39:20 CDT 2014

Hello Histonet,

I recently started work in a research lab after working in a clinical setting for 20 years.  The lab that I was at had all the tissue processors in a separate negative pressure room. The lab that I work at now has the processors out in the main work area.  I noticed the fumes instantly and now several of the employees have complained of problems with the fumes.  I want to move all the processors away from the cutting areas into a separate room.  Any suggestions or comments that I could add to my justification would be helpful.  Thanks

Ronda Mire
Laboratory Manager
CVPath Institute
Gaithersburg, MD