[Histonet] ventana counterstaining

Kimmie Rabe Kim <@t> ncpath.com
Thu Mar 21 11:27:41 CDT 2013

Has anyone else had problems with the counterstain on the ventana being pink instead of that lovely pale blue color?  Ventana says it's because we use Sta-On, but we don't always use Sta-On and the pink vs. blue staining doesn't correlate with whether Sta-On has been used or not.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against pink.  But if there is some problem with the hematoxylin we purchase from ventana or the dispensing or mixing thereof--we would like to know.

Thanks!

Kimmie E. Rabe, MD
North Central Pathology, PA
3701 12th Street North, Suite 201