[Histonet] Blade Rationing

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 16:17:49 CDT 2013

Sorry, I tell my techs a knife is cheaper than a complaint from the pathologists so, please don't abuse.  H owever; don't hesitate to use what you need.  As teh old saying oges for us "A happy Patholgist is a happy life"!!

A dull is bad for sectioning and is dangerous overall.  I can't imagine telling my Histologist to cut corners on knives and they know me well enough that they would think I had lost my mind!!  So many other places to cut cost and not affect section quality.

Pam Marcum

Histology Supervisor

UAMS
----- Original Message -----
From: "Teresa Moore" <tmoore9k <@t> gmail.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:10:51 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Blade Rationing

I work in a hospital, there are three of us on this particular shift and we
cut approx. 200 blocks, give or take a few.  Our histo lab manager is
telling us we should only be using one pack of blades (50 per pack) a
month.  I'm wondering what other techs think of this especially lab
managers and supervisors.

tmoore9k <@t> gmail.com