[Histonet] Sakura Tissue-Tek Prisma

Casey Arnold carnold <@t> ourlab.net
Thu Jun 13 08:15:23 CDT 2013

We have recently started using a Sakura Tissue-tek Prisma that we inherited
from our sister lab. While running some validation testing I have noticed
that the staining is very inconsistent. The tissue will stain from light to
dark within the same rack and sometimes within the same cut (slide). I have
reset the mix, speed, etc, to factory settings. I have tried increasing my
hematoxylin, and bluing times. I have changed water filters, decreased
water rinse times, tried different types of tissue, all to no avail. Has
anyone had this problem or have any suggestions on how to correct it? I
have tried everything the Sakura tech line has recommended and am still at
a loss.
--
intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or

Thank you
*Casey Arnold
*
*Histology Supervisor**