[Histonet] Paraffin processing native sheep ACL

Elizabeth Ronan lizronan <@t> umich.edu
Wed Jun 12 15:59:52 CDT 2013

Hello,

I need to paraffin process native sheep anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
that has been fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin for 7 days. I was
wondering if anyone with more expertise on this subject could guide me
with the best lengths of times in the alcohols, xylenes, and paraffin to
fix ACL. I tried a 12 hour program but the sections crumbled in the
middle and it appeared that the paraffin had not fully perfused the
ligament.

I have access to the following program, and can alter the lengths of the
steps for as long as desired:

Program:
70%
80%