[Histonet] CAP inspect- It's not about you(lab), it is about me(inspector)

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Thu Jun 6 15:33:30 CDT 2013

Liz, That's because some (most?) of your work is related to drug or other product development.  They do inspect GLP labs.

They don't inspect purely diagnostic labs. At least human diagnostics. I'm not sure about veterinary diagnostics.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Chlipala [mailto:liz <@t> premierlab.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 1:20 PM
To: Morken, Timothy; Linda; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] CAP inspect- It's not about you(lab), it is about me(inspector)

Tim

I'm not sure you are completely accurate, maybe in the clinical laboratory, but the FDA does inspect labs, my lab has been inspected by the FDA back in 2007 and I suspect we will have another inspection soon, these inspections are not planned, they just show up, which can be quite exciting.  The inspection I had was related to GLP compliance.

Liz

Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)QIHC Laboratory Manager Premier Laboratory, LLC PO Box 18592 Boulder, CO 80308 Work (303) 682-3949 Fax (303) 682-9060 Cell (303) 881-0763 liz <@t> premierlab.com www.premierlab.com

Ship to address:

1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504