[Histonet] 10% NBF non-hazardous

Jackie O'Connor b427297 <@t> aol.com
Wed Jun 5 11:47:53 CDT 2013

To be clear, we don't pour it down the drain, we still collect waste (up to 40 gallons a week) in carboys and submit it for disposal through our company - we are a large company..  but when we submit chemical waste, the designation is "non-hazardous" on our website, which piqued my interest to notify our safety peeps.  I just don't get how they determined this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Gapinski <BGapinski <@t> pathgroup.com>
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu' <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 11:34 am
Subject: [Histonet] 10% NBF non-hazardous

Haha everyone! Some funny stuff out there for sure.
Good thing you don't live here in California where 10% NBF is listed as a
arcinogen. Proposition 65 (California's Safe Drinking Water Act circa 1970)
ere states that no carcinogen may go down the drain.
et this.... The only things that go down our drain are soap, water and bleach.
nd the cost isn't so great, after all we're still in business. I must admit I
m proud of this.
ippy,
ruce Gapinsk HT (ASCP)
hief Histologist