[Histonet] Anyone know if commercial antibodies to KCA-1 and/or KCA-2 (Kupffer cell antibodies) are available?

James Watson JWatson <@t> gnf.org
Tue Jun 4 14:08:50 CDT 2013

We are in the process of working up the Iba1 on mouse and it does stain the Kupffer cells, macrophages, and microglial

James Watson HT  ASCP
GNF  Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
Tel    858-332-4647
Fax   858-812-1915
jwatson <@t> gnf.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Chlipala
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:03 PM
To: Thurby, Christina; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Anyone know if commercial antibodies to KCA-1 and/or KCA-2 (Kupffer cell antibodies) are available?

Christy

This is not necessarily specific for kupffer cells it will stain other macrophages but F4/80 does stain Kupffer cells.  I guess I should ask which species, ED-1 will work in rat, the F4/80 in mouse and I have heard that Iba-1 stains macrophages in mice nicely that's a microglia marker, but we have not tried it on any other tissue than brain so far.

Liz

Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)QIHC Laboratory Manager Premier Laboratory, LLC PO Box 18592 Boulder, CO 80308 Work (303) 682-3949 Fax (303) 682-9060 Cell (303) 881-0763 liz <@t> premierlab.com www.premierlab.com

Ship to address:

1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504