[Histonet] 88305

Bruce Gapinski BGapinski <@t> pathgroup.com
Mon Nov 19 16:15:02 CST 2012

I am in the middle of the biggest cost study because we need to reevaluate the cost of our work. We have no expectation of keeping any derm clients after the change in the 88305. They will go elsewhere to get a slightly better price than here in California.
This is depressing on many levels.

1.       Lay-offs

2.       Inferior quality (we are VERY proud of our work)

3.       TAT nightmares.

4.       Where does that leave our true client ( THE PATIENT)?
Furthermore I may be out of a job (last 35 years) and the pathologists may farm out our surgical work too.  How does this impact your Histology laboratory?
Respectfully,
Bruce Gapinski

Bruce Gapinsk HT (ASCP)
Chief Histologist
Marin Medical Laboratories
PathGroup SF

Important Notice: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy this message and contact the Security Officer at PathGroup, Inc immediately at 615-562-9255. Thank you