Histonet Digest, Vol 95, Issue 19 [Histonet] Tissue processor

Steve McClain SteveM <@t> mcclainlab.com
Fri Oct 14 13:33:39 CDT 2011

Mike,
If your budget is tight, consider used Sakura VIP processor and
Tissue-Tek embedding center.

One superb vendor is Avantik , formerly Bellair in NJ. 800-783-9424
973-912-8900
They have earned my complete trust-I am reluctant to have equipment in
my  lab unless Bellair can maintain it.
Every piece of equipment I have bought from them and serviced by them
has been solid.

A good used embedding center and processor can be serviceable for 10
years or more, yet inexpensive.

New Tissue processor - Depending on your # of blocks, another
consideration I did not see mentioned is the RVG2 tissue processor sold
by Bellair-Avantik.
We have used it since new with nearly 1100 runs over 3+ years without
problem.
One advantage is the preheater/heat exchanger pre-warming solutions,
allowing for rapid processing,
e.g., small biopsies in 90 minutes.

Steve A. McClain, MD
631 361 4000
PS I have no financial interst in that company, but I have had great
experience and I am biased toward small companies which deliver great
service.

Message: 8