[Histonet] IHC Patient Negatives

Josie Britton JCBRITTON <@t> Cheshire-Med.COM
Wed Oct 28 11:20:05 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I have an issue with my computer, so I cannot see past the little
paragraphs on the Histonet archives.  Sorry!  This question is probably
asked many, many times.

When we run our IHC's we always have a patient negative slide to go with
our case.  We run everything accept Herceptin on the Bond. When running
a patient's IHC on the bench and on the Bond we use a negative patient
control for both.  (We run a test control on all antibodies also)  If we
are running a double stain IHC also we run another negative patient
control for that stain also.  The debate we are having is, if the next
day you run another IHC on the same patient using the same DAB define
kit, should we be running another negative patient control?

Thanks for your help!

Josie Britton HT

Cheshire Medical Center

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by electronic mail and destroy all copies of the original message.