[Histonet] Re: looking for CD31 for rat tissues

Melanie Black Melanie.Black <@t> uct.ac.za
Mon Oct 19 08:17:29 CDT 2009

Hi Patsy

Yes it works very well. The antibody is cat # RDI-RTCD31-3A12 from
Fitzgerald. Yes it is zinc fixed. You use alk phos instead of DAB.
See pic.

Zinc Fixative (JB Fixative or ZSF)

0.1M Tris Buffer, pH 7.4
Tris Base -------------------------------- 12.1 g (TRIZMA)
1N HCL ----------------------------------- 81.5 ml
Distilled water -------------------------- 900 ml

Mix to dissolve. Adjust pH to 7.4
Zinc Fixative
Calcium Acetate ---------------------- 0.5 g
Zinc Chloride -------------------------- 5.0 g
0.1M Tris Buffer made above ------ 1000 ml
Mix to dissolve. The final pH will be approximately 6.5-7.0. Do not
readjust the pH, as this will cause the zinc to come out of solution.
Store Zinc Fixative at room temperature. Fix tissues for 24 to 48
hours. Fixation longer than 48 hours may make the tissue brittle and
difficult to cut.

Good luck
Melanie.