[Histonet] looking for CD31 for rat tissues

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Mon Oct 19 07:57:01 CDT 2009

Melanie,

I am very interested in your CD31 protocol, does it work on rat tissue, do
you have to fix in zinc fixative?

Cheers,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Melanie
Black
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 12:29 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] Rabbit-on-Rodent HRP polymer

Hi Jen

are correct. I include the protocol I use, the only difference is
mine is Alp phos linked instead of HRP. I use rat tissue and CD 31
antibody (from Fitzgerald) that specifically requires zinc fixed
tissue. For the zinc fixation, I use exactly the same formula that
Gayle Callis sent out.

CD 31 Alk Phos Method for Zinc fixed Tissue.

Biocare Medical Kit.

Dewax slides in xylene.
Take slides thru alcohol to water, and into tris buffer.
Incubate with Rodent Block  R (RBR962H) from Biocare Medical, for 30
mins.
Wash in TBS X 2.
Incubate with Primary antibody for 30 mins.(1:50) - diluted in 1% BSA
in PBS. Anti Rat CD 31 from Fitzgerald.
Wash in TBS X 2.
Incubate in Mouse-on-Rat AP-Polymer (MRT623H), Biocare Medical, for
20 mins.
Wash in TBS X 2.
Add  a drop of NBT(DAKO - K0598), and check for colour development.
(YOU WILL USE DAB)
Rinse in water, dehydrate clear and mount.

NB: Sections must be cut onto UNCOATED slides, and incubated on a 60
degree hot plate for 30 mins, followed by overnight incubation at 37
degrees.

Hope this helps
Regards
Melanie.

Hi All,

   I recently purchased a rabbit-on-rodent HRP polymer from Biocare.
I will be using this on mouse tissue, using a rabbit polyclonal CD3
as my primary.  I just wanted to clarify a couple things about the
protocol before I try it out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone
could offer some assistance.  First of all, I should aske if anyone
has a protocol for this?  What I really would like to make sure is
that I will not have to use a label after the rabbit-on-rodent
secondary ab.  I believe that I will just have to apply my blocking
agent, avidin/biotin blocks, primary antibody, secondary anitbody,
followed by chromogen, right?  My blocking agent is made up of casein
and some other proprietary agents in a phosphate buffer (it is non-
serum) so I was told that should work fine.  Does this sound
correct?  Thanks in advance!  I haven't been able to get through to
tech support all day, so hopefully you will have some answers for me!

Jen

Melanie Black
082 469 3352

Cardiovascular Research Unit