[Histonet] need help in selecting blades for Microtome Leitz1512and good place for service

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Oct 20 09:41:36 CDT 2009

Well, I can take a stab at your last question - call a large Hospital Pathology Department.  We keep ten years and each year we have to disgard a year.  We pay a disposal company, but they may be willing to negotiate with you.

Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Bader Siddiki
Sent: Mon 10/19/2009 6:36 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] need help in selecting blades for Microtome Leitz1512and good place for service

Hello Histonets
I need some help and advice from you experts.
We are new in cutting formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue
sections.
We need your advice.
We have a used Leitz 1512 microtome.
------- perhaps it needs service, can you recommend a good and reasonable
place.
--------what  will be a good disposable blades to buy for cutting FFPE
tissues sections (mostly soft tissues like colon, stomach, skin, cancer
tissues  etc).
--------this  instrument needs a blade holder, what would you recommend,
Leitz does not sell blade holders for this instrument anymore.
--------any good technique for cutting tissues for a person who is not
expert.
--------good place to buy formalin fixed tissue blocks for research use.

Thanks a million.
Bader

e-mail address: baderbo <@t> gmail.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.