[Histonet] Rabbit-onRodent HRP Polymer

david.l.krull <@t> gsk.com david.l.krull <@t> gsk.com
Fri Oct 16 13:03:48 CDT 2009

Hi Jen,

The rabbit-on-rodent HRP ploymer is ready-to-use.  In my protocol I depar
and hydrate to wash buffer then block for endogenous peroxidase for 10
minutes using Dako's DEEB followed by wash buffer rinses then block for 15
minutes in Rodent Block M (Biocare).  No need to block for biotin since no
streptavidin is used in the detection.  I suggest that you first try the
block you have.  Apply rabbit primary antibody for 30 minutes, rinse in
wash buffer, then apply the rodent-on-rabbit HRP polymer for 15 to 30
minutes.  Rinse in wash buffer again then apply your DAB chromagen for 5
minutes.  Rinse well in DI water then stain with hematoxylin.  I run all
of my IHC on a Lieca Bond Max using the Biocare reagents and they work
great.  This protocol intended for general guidance; the exact conditions
will need to be worked out in your lab.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Jen wrote:

Message: 11
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:36:41 -0700
From: "Jennifer Campbell" <jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Rabbit-on-Rodent HRP polymer
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi All,

  I recently purchased a rabbit-on-rodent HRP polymer from Biocare.  I
will be using this on mouse tissue, using a rabbit polyclonal CD3 as my
primary.  I just wanted to clarify a couple things about the protocol
before I try it out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could offer some
assistance.  First of all, I should aske if anyone has a protocol for
this?  What I really would like to make sure is that I will not have to
use a label after the rabbit-on-rodent secondary ab.  I believe that I
will just have to apply my blocking agent, avidin/biotin blocks, primary
antibody, secondary anitbody, followed by chromogen, right?  My blocking
agent is made up of casein and some other proprietary agents in a
phosphate buffer (it is non-serum) so I was told that should work fine.
Does this sound correct?  Thanks in advance!  I haven't been able to get
through to tech support all day, so hopefully you will have some answers
for me!

Jen