Re: [Histonet] OX-42

TF tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Mon Oct 12 08:50:12 CDT 2009

i wanna the amount of ox-42 protein in microglia?
I have also performed OX-42 IHC before...another company's antibody, same problem as yours.

2009-10-12

TF

发件人: Anand Vasudevan
发送时间: 2009-10-12  21:47:38
收件人: histonet
抄送:
主题: [Histonet] OX-42

Hi,
I am doing antibody staining with mouse anti-rat Ox-42/CD11b/c (from
millipore, CBL1512). I have tried staining at room temperature and at 4C but
the either background staining is high (with use of detergent- 0.3% triton-x
100) or the staining is very light (with no detergent) at even 1:1000
dilution of the primary antibody. I use horse anti-mouse IgG secondary
antibody and I am developing the stain with DAB.
Is there anyway to increase the staining intensity other than increasing the
antibody concentration?
By the way I can find primary antibody of OX-42 only raised in mouse and not
any other species (and all the other papers I have seen). Does anyone know
the reason why?
Thanks,
Anand Vasudevan
School of Biological Sciences