[Histonet] frozen sections for in situ hybridization

Anand Vasudevan anand <@t> ethoneuro.com
Thu Oct 8 01:46:36 CDT 2009

Hi,
I have obtained fresh rat brains (not fixed) that have been directly
snap-freezed in isopentane and stored at -80C. I plan to section 20um thick.
I want to know if there is way to store the cut sections before I carry out
the in situ hybridization without thawing and freezing?
taht is, the cut sections will be frozen but when placed on slides, but they
will thaw before I can store them in the fridge (either -20C or -80C) and
then before conducting my experimemt i will have to thaw it again.

Thanks,
Anand Vasudevan
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore