[Histonet] Movat Pentachrome--Saffron stain of collagen

Stephens, Elizabeth Humes es144131 <@t> bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Oct 6 10:25:08 CDT 2009

I’m trying to find out more information about Movat saffron-straining collagen as it relates to collagen maturation/cross-linking.  Does anybody know whether more aligned or more cross-linked collagen will pick up more saffron in a Movat pentachrome stain?  (We mostly are dealing with collagen type I in our Movats).  I have also been trying to find out more about the mechanism of saffron-staining binding to collagen fibers in the context of the Movat pentachrome stain.  If anyone has any information on these topics, it would be much appreciated.  Thank you!!

Elizabeth