[Histonet] dehydration

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 14:33:50 CDT 2009

It seems that you are missing the "clearing" step or antemedium in the sequence you describe but, the tissue should not stay too long in neither alcohol (unless it is 2-propanol) or in the antemedium (unless it is mineral oil) in which cases the time in them is not an issue.
René J.

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, Dianne Holmes <dholmes <@t> anatomy.umsmed.edu> wrote:

From: Dianne Holmes <dholmes <@t> anatomy.umsmed.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] dehydration
To: "Histonet" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 2:54 PM

In an emergency situation (like not enough hrs in a day) - how long can tissue
remain in the final ETOH before going into the paraffin embedding stage?  I do
all my work manually - no automation here!!

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized
to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the
sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this
information in any way.