[Histonet] curious about soaking paraffin blocks.

Philip Oshel oshel1pe <@t> cmich.edu
Mon Oct 29 07:42:54 CDT 2007

I've been reading the posts in this thread, and I doubt that the
proteins have anything to do with the differences in processing
schedules. I suspect it's more the fat content. Both the amount and
the nature of saturated vs unsaturated fats.
I suspect human tissue is generally fattier than other animals, so a
dehydration schedule that works for people extracts too much fat from
other animal tissues, making them "dry" and crumbly.
If this is true, the same sort of difference should show up when
sectioning tissues from, say, wild squirrels in the early spring
(after they've used up their winter-survival fat stores) and
squirrels in the late fall/early winter, when their fat stores should
be maximal.
Maybe. Any of the histotechs in Vet Med colleges noticed having to
change processing schedules of wild or outdoor animals with the
seasons?
As to winning ... yeah, I heard something about that. Nothing
important. Something about hitting sticks with balls, or the failure
to hit them.

Phil

--
Philip Oshel